Do you really want to be happy? I mean, really!!
If so, what is it you think will make it so?
Have you pictured what your happiness will look like when you achieve it?
How about the people who will be in your life when this epoch is your expression to the world?
May I offer a suggestion?
When we go through life, the most important thing that is going on is our relationships. They guide us, suggest to us, help us, warn us, attract us, and on and on.
What I am getting at, is that our life begins to transform (not change) to reflect our goals and aspirations (and all those hidden dreams from the world) when we begin to get along with others – and ourselves.
Therefore, I have reposted a pic from a post a few months back. I am making an assertion that these MAY be the keys to fulfilling the desires of what we want to accomplish in our short life before we go.
What I have written below is the way I approach everyone I know and meet every day. I always consider these 3 points when I look at everybody because it makes is so much easier to be in relationship with them.
- I don’t have to get angry with anybody because I know what’s really going on to make us react and do things.
- I listen more intently because I can hear the real meaning behind some of the stories (about their lives) they share with me.
- I can laugh off possible put-downs (through jokes and little comments) because I know they can be true about me.
- I can be more honest with (most) people because we’ve developed a deeper relationship.
- I can be more selective with whom I wish to be in relationship because the ‘quality pool’ is much improved.
- I can go on and on, but I think you get the point.
(Copy and print the pic and carry it with you for a while to remind yourself. Try out the exercise for a week or so and see what a difference it would make in your life.)
Remember, I don’t suggest I know and believe these thoughts to be the truth. They are just a culmination of thought, observance, and experience with hundreds of people I’ve met in my life.
Try considering giving a thought to my assertions. If anything, it will get you to start you thinking one way or the other.
Until next time,